Monday, April 16, 2012

Headaches on planning trip to malacca

I%26#39;m planning to have my holiday this week in malacca. There%26#39;s a lot of place i intend to go but i seems not very familar with those places although i%26#39;ve been going to malacca lots of time... Any body could help me on that?





I%26#39;ve plan to go Gadek Hot Spring, Night Safari, Maritme Musuem, Zoo Melaka, Crocodile Farm, Butterfly %26amp; Reptile Farm (if possible), Jonker Street, Temple, Stadhuys, and Pulau Ubeh.. I wonder i make the right decision since i%26#39;ll be there for 2 days only.





May i know what are the things that i can do in Gadek and anybody familar with Pulau Ubeh? I%26#39;m still figure out whether Pulau Ubeh is worth to visit.. Since it doesn%26#39;t shows too much details on the internet.. And how to go there and what%26#39;s the fare i need to paid? I also wonder is it Tg Kling / Tg Bidara / Pulau Besar is better if compared to Pulau Ubeh ??





If anybody could advise me i would be much appreciate.. because i haven%26#39;t make a proper plan on where to go.. the only thing i do is book a room in Mahkota... Haha... really headaches..





Any idea of some other nice place to visit?







Headaches on planning trip to malacca


Hi Elaineling... I just came back from a 3 days 2 nights short holiday in Melaka with my hubby and son and thoroughly enjoyed our short break away from KL. I believe Mahkota is a hotel very near to Mahkota Parade, a big shopping mall in Melaka. Amongst the places u mentioned, Jonker Street and Stadhuys is very close to each other. The Jonker St. night market is definitely worth a visit but it is opened on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nites only. So make sure you are there in Melaka at least on one of those nites.





I recommend you take the %26#39;beca%26#39; or trishaw ride around the historical sites in Melaka. A half and hour tour is only RM20. My family found it enjoyable.





If you feel like having ikan bakar (barbecue fish and other seafood), I recommend that you go to the Muara Sg Duyong in Ujung Pasir. It is only about 1/2 ride by car from the Melaka city centre. The food there is marvelous. The seafood are fresh and pretty cheap.





Suggest that you buy the Melaka map produced by the Ministry of Tourism which is sold for only RM3. I found out about the map only on my 2nd day in Melaka. It has details on places to visit and their exact location. I think you can buy a copy at your hotel lobby.





A place worth visiting is the Baba and Nyonya Heritage Museum which showcased a Baba and Nyonya house built in early 19 century. You can find its location in the map I mentioned.





Cannot comment on the rest of the places u mentioned coz I didn%26#39;t manage to visit those place except for the Crocodile Farm. Hate to say it, but I suggest u give the crocodile farm a miss. There is really nothing there worth visiting except for some dirty looking crocodiles. The place is not well kept.





Hope you%26#39;ll enjoy your holiday in Melaka as much as I did.



Headaches on planning trip to malacca


Hi spidermum. Thanks for sharing your experience. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your trip in Malacca because I’m really afraid of being disappointed since I saw some negative view from others, especially on the hotel that I’ve booked – Mahkota.





I’m looking forward for the Jonker Street night market because I never have a real walk during night time. It seems to be a fun walk and luckily I’m going there on Sat therefore I wouldn’t have missed it.





As for the trishaw ride, it seems like not suitable for me. I more enjoyed on walking around. Hehe.. I took it last time when I was young.. (actually Malacca consider as “part” of my hometown but rarely back except for some special occasion)





I think the ikan bakar you mentioned will be my choice. I did heard from my relative and I already plan to go, but what they told me is somewhere located at some “bukit – higher” place. The ½ ride you meant is it 30 minutes car ride from Malacca town???





Also, I intend to buy Malacca map from the bookstore which costs RM10.50 because it did shows the main road in Malacca. May I know the map from the TIC that you bought have all the roads details? I think I need that for driving to Ujong Pasir.





Aha… the crocodile farm.. really that terrible arr.. I think I really have to “skip” it.. hehe .. Anyway thanks for your information, I’m sure it will help, and I’ll share with you after I back on next Monday.. Hopefully this Saturday I won’t “jam” in Malacca . Cya




Hi...check this out...





Direction to Muara Sungai Duyung



http://www.flickr.com/photos/40766573@N00/251326365/





http://www.amazingmelaka.com/page/3/







I%26#39;m planning to Melaka this weekend too... :-)




thanks ya riastro... with you guys help i really found out quite a lot of things .. haha ... hope u enjoy ur meal this weekend..

No comments:

Post a Comment