Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Best Malaysian Hotel Booking Site ?

Hi,





Can anyone please tell me of a decent hotel booking site for Malaysia that offers Discount Hotel Rooms. I was hoping there might be an Asian/Malaysian site that is worth trying.





The prices for some of the hotels vary so dramatically. If you%26#39;ve had a great experience in dealing with a hotel booking site please can you let me know.





Thanks so much : )



The Best Malaysian Hotel Booking Site ?


Hi GuyAustralia, few decent booking site for Malaysia and of Asian/malaysian are:-





marimari, pinganchorage(particularly for east coast of Malaysia hotels and even tours), cuti,sinisini





Asian- where can book hotels room across Asia:-



AsiaTravelmart, asiarooms, directrooms.



The Best Malaysian Hotel Booking Site ?


Stayed two nights in KL at the end of April. Tried all the booking sites referred to but in the end used wotif. That was about the only site (apart from asia rooms) that had a price inclusive of the 15% serice and tax charge.





Paid 339 ringitt for the executive floor at the Istana. That was the cheapest by nearly 100 ringitt compared to other sites.





I also find the wotif site one of the easiest to navigate and being from Australia you should be used to it. As a matter of interest the charge on my crit card came through as wotif GBR!




I think Wotif only offers a discount for fairly last minute bookings.





Fot bookings 6 months ahead I found the hotel websites (Crowne Plaza, E%26amp;O, casa del Mar, Berjaya) all offered the best rates or as good as any other, and obviously more reliable. Some of the agencies take your credit card detail and then you have to wait a few days for ';confirmation';, ie to know whether they can actually secure rooms at the rate they are offering




Wotif is now up to 28 days in advance. They do take your credit card details but my understanding is that they only show rooms that are available and you get immediatte confirmation.



I have used them alot in Australia and this is the first time I have used them overseas.



Have checked my trip details and apologize for a mistake for the room rate at the Istana. It was 359 ringit for the executive room.




Thanks so much for that guys...my booking is in September and i really want to get something booked in the next month so that i know i%26#39;ve got somewhere so i don%26#39;t think Wotif is really for me. Asiarooms seems really competitve though. I also found Sawasdee (Malaysian Branch) which has EXCELLENT rates except that every hotel on there only has rates until March 31 07. I emailed them to find out why and no reply : ( A shame as their rates are excellent....





Anyway....thanks heaps for all your great advice and tips : )




Actually, from my booking experience with local site for hotel stay in MY, I find that, the earliest you book, the cheaper it will be. During my last Dec trip, my booking was done in Jun and by then when I check back with the same site in Aug, the price had already gone up by RM40... and that%26#39;s also for the few other sites that I had visited before,





From my experience, all these sites at one time or another do offer some best rates around, but not all the time. I have a MY site that do offers the same rate for the hotel which I am looking for in Dec in KL. However, Wotif only offers booking date for up to a few weeks from now.. So my guess is, closer to Dec, the price at Wotif would have gone up. So far, out of the 8 sites I was looking at last week for the same hotel, I think all of them are inclusive of taxes.. So I am not sure what sites you are referring to where taxes are usually not included. Most likely, you are looking at booking sites that are mainly hosted for foreigners. These sites are usually more expensive, although, ocassionally, you may a gem among them as I had experience before.





However, most sites that charged base on other curency or with that options are usually also cahrging a little more .




I found www.holidaycity.com to be very competitive and to include the 15% ++ taxes. I used them for the Zon apartments. The Zon did try and charge me more when I left but when I showed them the booking confirmation from Holiday City they were happy to honour the price.





For the Crowne Plaza it%26#39;s best to book direct with the hotel using the Holiday Inn website- very nice and convenient hotel by the way.




Holidaycity.com is operated from Singapore where I book my hotel last Dec

No comments:

Post a Comment