Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What to do in JB?

I am thinking of spending my stop over in JB (instead of singapore) for a change.

What is there for me to do there.

I hear that the shopping centers are good but are there any markets or nite market. Good cheap restaurants for dinner etc.

I think I will stay at the Puteri Pacific hotel as it is close to the shopping centers and bus station for bus to JB airport (it looks like walking distance!?).

I also hear that the hotel has a good swimming pool so if there is nothing else to do I can do a lot of swimming!

What to do in JB?

Stick with Singapore, JB is a very boring place. Nothing much to do there.

What to do in JB?

Don%26#39;t want to put you off but I think you will be doing a lot of swimming.

Think of all the great food you can have in Singapore, nothing like it in JB.


There is really nothing to recommend JB as a vacation destination. Singaporeans go there for cheap shopping and it%26#39;s the knock-off capital of the world if you want watches and DVDs. The Pan Pac is a nice hotel (I spent 6 months there in 2005) but if I had the choice, I%26#39;d stay in Singapore. If you must go, make it a day trip.


Hi,

I agreed with the other posters. Even being a Malaysian, Johor is a state to be made ashamed of. Food is JB is horrid and most expensive in the Peninsula. The city council has not cleaned up the city and crime rate is high. I would usually want to quickly pass over JB to Singapore.


I feel very sad about those members%26#39; comments to JB (the place where I grows up). Yes, indeed, JB%26#39;s crime rate is high, but other Malaysia%26#39;s states/cities%26#39; crime rate also high. It is not only JB issue but the whole Malaysia issue.

The night market in JB or pasar malam( in malay) are located in different places depending on the days... monday is somewhere in Century garden (opposite Pelangi PLaza), tueday is in Taman Pelangi (near Leisure Mall)and there is another one in Taman Johor Jaya. It operates from 5.00pm till 9.30pm

There always good food in JB, you can get more info from this website virtualtourist.com/travel/…1

the food is expensive than other Penisula of Malaysia is mostly due to a lot of s%26#39;poreans like to do shopping and eating in JB (compare to eat in s%26#39;pore, it is very much cheaper eat in JB, S$1=RM2.25), hence, stall rental, ingredients price as well as food price are increase a lot.

There is a old chinese temple near Puteri Pacific hotel which has been there for more than 150 years and very famous in JB, Johor and Malaysia. Although it is small, it is the heart of all the JB chinese.

To know more about travel in JB, virtualtourist.com has provide very good info. I have read it and as a JB residents, I think those tips are correct and helpful to those who wish to visit JB

virtualtourist.com/travel/Asia/Malaysia/Nege…


JB doesn%26#39;t offer really anything but shopping, which makes for a good day trip from Singapore if you can%26#39;t have enough there! So, don0t sleep in JB, it%26#39;s not worth it...


Dear xanh,

Spending a few days in JB is not a bad idea at all. Especially if you have visited Singapore before. JB has its own charm compared to Singapore. How ever it is very much depending your own interest.

Like my self for example I always prefer to visit Toowoomba in Queensland compare to the metropolitant Sydney.

JB is not like Singapore but it has almost everything that Singapore has. Your money worth more here especially for dining and shopping. Therefore you could see many singaporean in JB spending their money everyday here.

Just go to www.tourism.gov.my or www.johortourism.com.my for more info about this city.

If you have more time check out some small town to experience the real Malaysian life and traditional environment.

  • vb
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment