Saturday, April 21, 2012

Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort

Planning to have a break there with my family (2A + 2C). Appreciate some feedback from pple who have been there.





Is resort located very remotely? What is available around the vicinity (e.g. restuarants, shops, etc)?





Understand that this resort is rather big and so any problems travelling around the resort? Lots of walking?



Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort


Hi





The Berjaya is quite remote. The only place within walking distance is the Oriental Village (where the cable car is located), other than that it would mean a taxi to most other places. There are a few restaurants and shops at the Oriental Village but other than that, nothing.





The Berjaya is spread over quite a large area. There are shuttle buses which will take you from reception to your chalet and vice versa if you do not want to wait then you will have to walk. Some of the gradients are very steep so not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties.





Not sure how old your children are but there is no kids club and other than a small playground area, not much for them to do.





If you want to know anything else, please ask.





Lesley



Berjaya Langkawi Beach Resort


Tks, Steady.





We chose Berjaya cos I was drawn there by the ';chalet on water'; concept. Thought would be a refreshing experience for my kids.





My kids are namely 4yo and 8yo. Any other more child friendly resorts to recommend?




oliviamummy





I went to the berjaya with my 4 year old last year. She loved it but I did find its location a big disadvantage. The berjaya is close to the Oriental Village but I didn%26#39;t really like the ambience of this place. The restaurants were bleak and empty for much of the time.





This year, I took my now 5 year old to Pelangi Beach Resort. Again, she loved - and i did too. There is a great kid%26#39;s club which ella willingly went to so I got to enjoy time out too. The staff are very child friendly. They also have beach front chalets. I stayed in one overlooking the pool and that was pretty good too. They are traditional buildings and are lovely to spend time in.





Also the location is so much better than the berjaya. PBR is located near lots of restaurants and shops.





Good luck.




I meant to add that the two swimming pools at the Pelangi are also fantastic for children - both have great slides!




I would also chose the Pelangi over the Berjaya mainly because of the location. The Pelangi is only a few minutes walk for shops %26amp; restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment