Saturday, April 21, 2012

A trip to Rasa Ria Resort Orang Utan Centre

Hello everyone.





I will go to Kota Knabalu next week and stay at the Magellan Hotel.





I would like to visit the Orang Utan Centre at the Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort. Does it open for non-resident? Where and how can I book in advance?



A trip to Rasa Ria Resort Orang Utan Centre


Have a look at ebony_ivory%26#39;s ';Trip report part 3'; down the page it will tell you how they arranged their visit.



Also seach on Rasa Ria above and you will find all the answers on this that you need.



You can only book direct with Rasa Ria after you arrive in KK.



A trip to Rasa Ria Resort Orang Utan Centre


hi, I%26#39;m now in Megallen, tell me the reason why you want to go there? I%26#39;m just wondering why seems everybody want to go there:P




Hey kate- everyone wants to go to the Rasa Ria to see the Orangutans!! They have the babies there (the 5 we saw were from 2 - 3 yrs old) and they are very cute!





If you get a chance GO! The Pacific quoted RM160 for a car that would take us to the Rasa Ria and back. But we organised a guide who took us to the Rasa Ria as well as to a water village, Tuaran town to the markets and suspension bridge, chinese pagoda (though you may not be that interested in that?) and the lookout in KK for RM200. He was a very nice guy and really really informative.





If you want to contact him his details are:



James Toh Tel: 019 871 8561. Fax: 088 387751





It%26#39;s well worth the extra money for seeing so much extra. You will also learn alot about Sabah.




hey... on my trip in august me and my partner are wanting to go to the Rasa Ria sanctuary but we are going to be staying at a hostel... is it the same procedure book it through them or do you have to be staying in one of the bigger hotels? otherwise i%26#39;ll take the advise of calling the guy you used...





Cheers!




I think you can book it yourself - we ultimately did (read my trip review) - BUT they did ask us which hotel we were staying at. THought you%26#39;re still a ';tourist'; so I can%26#39;t see them refusing - just because of your accomodation!!! :o)





Don%26#39;t forget you%26#39;ll still have to organise your travel to Rasa Ria! You can always get a taxi there and another taxi back. But it%26#39;ll cost you about RM100 with alot of bargaining (or so I read on this forum before leaving). The one taxi driver we spoke to started at RM250!! And as I said in my review the hotel was charging us RM160. The only way that taking a taxi there would be good is if you decide to spend the day at the Rasa Ria - though I%26#39;d considered doing this when planning our trip, I would have felt funny it not being ';our'; hotel. Was glad I hadn%26#39;t decided to do that.





Why I rave on about James is because not only was it good value for money - but because we saw SO MUCH MORE! and also learnt alot about the country, the people and their culture.




Hi everyone, I just came back from KK and have visited the Orangutan Centre in Rasa Ria. Here are some pictures:





http://www.flickr.com/photos/fudge-r/





For those who are interested, I made a booking by phone 3 days in advance. They have 2 feeding times - 10am and 2pm. I joint the 10am tour. The entrance fee for me wass 65 ringit as I did not stay there.





You went there at 9:30 and they will show you a video about the conservation of the orangutan. After that, they will take you to the feeding platform and those baby orangutans were already there, swinging and waiting for you. They are cute. And after the feeding it was their playing time. Dont miss that, it is the chance for you to take great pictures.





The whole trip was around an hour and there were 5-6 orangutans that i could see.




By the way, my plan was to take a taxi (80 one way) from the Magellan to Rasa Ria, but the concierge hired a car for me and it was 160 for 2 ways.




Hello!





Yes...It is open for non-resident but you have to booked it in advance by call the Resort at 088-792888.





Thank you....




hello!





the taxi fare rm80 per way return fare would be rm160 as the resort far from city....thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment