Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beach Garden Resort, Pantai Cenang

I have just discovered this hotel while searching for reasonably priced places for us to stay. As we need two rooms we are after something family friendly and economical for 5 nights.





This place looks perfect. Small, nice beach .. and gets great reviews on tripadvisor.





Does anyone have any further information on this place. I have 4 children, ages 14, 12, 5 and 18 months. After spending busy time in KL, I am after something that we can just chill at ..





Thanking you.



Beach Garden Resort, Pantai Cenang


I stayed there this year with my 5 year old. It was great and my daughter loved it too. Swimming pool is small but not too small. Great for kids. Ella met lots of other children there, partly due to there often being children who accompany their parents to the restaurant, partly because other children were staying at BGR. I couldn%26#39;t fault the place and would happily go there again. It%26#39;s incredibly relaxing.



Beach Garden Resort, Pantai Cenang


Nice place, you will need 2 chalets. Pool will be nice for the youngest ones! For the others is the sea only a few meters away!





Good western food in their restaurant, we go there almost every monday for dinner!




Very nice little resort, good location for shops, restuarants etc. I do have to say though that the pool is not really a swimming pool. I recall it beaing called a plunge pool, you can take a dip to cool off but swimming is not an option for adults.




Davden,





My fiancee and I stayed at the BGR back in February 2007 and I am a big fan of this hotel.





There are a cople of things that you will need to be aware of based on your circumstances:





1) The rooms only have showers and not bath%26#39;s and I don%26#39;t know if this will be a problem for your youngest.





2) The pool and area that one would lounge in are seperate and so you will need to get up from the loungers to supervise your children in and around the pool.





3) There is a sinlge family room which has a double bed, a single and probably room for a put up bed as well - but there is only one.





4) There isn%26#39;t much for kids to do at the BGR.





Now having said that if you are just looking for a base from which to explore the island and the pool / lounging area isn%26#39;t a concern for you and your children then for the money the location, service and atmosphere at the BGR are all awesome. When I was staying there there were families there but predominately with younger children. I am affraid that I don%26#39;t know the other hotels well enough to be able to make an alternative recommendation but I hope that this feedback is at least helpful to you....Langkawi is a great place...so good that half my family has left the UK to live there. Have a great trip.




Well said ! Great little resort right on the beach at reasonable price.



Good food etc, but I have doubts about taking 4 kids there !




Thank you all so much for your help and comments.





Unfortunately this place is all booked out for the time we wanted it.





I have now booked the Muteria Burua Bay, which is probably more suited to our family size and age group.





Thanks again everyone.




Wise choice, four kids at Mutiara, they will have a terrific time.





So will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment