Thursday, April 19, 2012

mutiara or berjaya

Hi, Was visiting langkawi in he 1st week of June. Wanted an opinion on which would be a better option. Will be traveling with 2 kids aged 11 and 3. Lil concerned abt the -ve reviews these 2 recv sometimes..





Thks.. Andy



mutiara or berjaya


Hi





If you search on this forum there are other posts about the comparison between Berjaya and Mutiara.





Of the two I would say that the Berjaya is bigger and a bit more ';up market'; compared to the Mutiara. Each hotel shares the same crescent shaped beach - one hotel at each end. This beach is lovely and never, ever crowded.





Some of the cabanas at the Mutiara are right on the beach whereas at the Berjaya they are away up in the hills. The Mutiara grounds are relatively flat but the Berjaya%26#39;s are very steep and could be difficult with small children.





I cannot comment on the cabanas at Mutiara as I have never stayed there but I do know what the interior of those at Berjay are like.





The area where both hotels are situated is very quiet and a good way from any other attractions apart from the Oriental Village. Anywhere else you would need a car or taxi.





If you want any more info please aks.





Lesley



mutiara or berjaya


I agree with what Lesley has posted.





I just like to add that the Berjaya double cabana%26#39;s are larger and more comfortable than the equivelant at Mutiara. The exception being the family cabana%26#39;s at Mutiara which consists two rooms.





The beach there is called Burau Bay.




Hi,





Thanks for your replies. After a lil deliberation think i%26#39;m gonna go with the Mutiara. Seems less complicated.. at least no question of getting rooms that are far away from main areas.. more like a place you can settle in easily. Do hope I%26#39;m rite. Studio cabanas aren%26#39;t available for my dates i.e 1 - 3 June, probably due to holidays there.





I%26#39;ve booked the sea facing rooms. Is there something in particular I should ask for in terms of the location of my room. Or are all sea facing cabanas well located at the mutiara? .





Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment