Thursday, March 29, 2012

Penang and medication....

Hi



This is the first time i%26#39;ll be staying in Penang for one month in Feb 2008 and am concerned about how much of my medication I may have to buy there. Can anyone advise me if prescription medications are readily available over the counter please and are they reasonably priced ? We normally stay in India and this is not a problem so I know how much to take with me. Also are the health facilities cheaper there: i.e the cost of medical check ups etc....





Thank you.





Penang and medication....


What kind of medication do you require ? Generally speaking most medications are available over the counter in malaysia, but less than is available in India.





You will not have any problems in Penang, the healthcare facilities are excellent. Prescribed medication in Penang is not as cheap as it is in India, however it is far cheaper than you will pay in the UK.



Penang and medication....


Hi there everybody,





As AlbertsCat said, it depends on what kind of medication you wish to buy.. and also where you go to i.e. ';friendliness'; of the pharmacy. Nobody wants to break the law; know what I mean.. :)



Stay off tranquilisers and sleeping tablets and you should be able to get what you want. Send me a private message and I%26#39;ll tell you more.





One of the local private hospitals do executive screenings at these three package prices: RM550, RM650 and RM880 depending on what kind of tests you wish. The highest price package include a stress ECG test with consultation with a cardiologist. I just went for one couple of weeks ago and can highly recommend that hospital. Alternatively, one can just pop into one of the private labs and order whatever blood tests you fancy to check yourself; usually they have a staff (non-medical) to advise you what you require and whether you should see a doctor.





Have a healthy holiday!




Thank you alberts cat and Gasman for your information. Will definitely check them out as I will be staying a month in Malaysia and as I said, when I%26#39;m in India for that length of time it is never a problem. This is my first time to Malaysia.





Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment