Sunday, March 25, 2012

Restaurants close to Laguna Redang Resort

Hi there,





I will stay at Laguna Redang Resort in July, since I heard the dinner schedule is quite annoying I bought the breakfast only.



Do you have any advice? Restaurants or other nice eating places in the sorroundings? A walk-way destination is highly appreciated.





Many thanks in advance!





Fabrizio



Restaurants close to Laguna Redang Resort


anything? anyone? :(



Restaurants close to Laguna Redang Resort


Ciao Fabrizio,





You can try the ala carte at Laguna or restaurants in the nearby resorts or the local stores (warung).





Probably a good way to gauge is to look at the patrons/crowd.





http://wikitravel.org/en/Redang





Sorry, can%26#39;t help too much as spicy local food such as mee /nasi goreng for me is usually ok. Avoid buffet.




Thanks Alex,





I wanted to know if there is something around, from your answer I understand the Resort is not isolated from the rest of the isle.



Usually resorts tend to serve more internationalized local foods, therefore I will surely try the nearby local stores, as well as spicy local food (I noted the names, if you have more, please write them down).





Thanks again.




Hi Fabrizio,





To your surprise, east coast of Malay Peninsula has the best reserved Malay and Islamic culture in the country. It is therefore unsurprising that in these island resorts you may find mostly local food in the menu which are the main gripes of foreign tourists about the food in these places.





Terrengganu (where Redang is located off the mainland) and Kelantan (bordering Thailand) food is more traditional Malay plus Thai due to proximity and the past rule.





Redang however has quite some chinese food as well as most resorts are owned by chinese Malaysian. Below is the introduction of Malaysian food.





en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisine_of_Malaysia





Please feel free to ask any question so that hopefully you don%26#39;t get cultural shock in Malaysia being from Padua.





PS. I have only been to major cities in Italy but not any towns south of Rome which may have different cultures and food I have not experienced.




Thanks again Alex,





it%26#39;s good to know that I will find true Malay cuisine and culture there, that is what I am looking for besides and enjoyable honeymoon with my spouse.





I will try the typical dishes listed in Wikipedia in the restaurant you advised.





Actually I live in northern Italy, Padua (Padova in italian) is some 30 kms west of Venice, anyhow the variation of cuisine here is huge from north to south, therefore if you happen to visit another part of Italy you will surely find different dishes, besides the usual touristic menus (which happen to exists in every country, unfortunately).





Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment