Thursday, March 29, 2012

Building Works at Kinabalu Wing (Shangri-La Tanjung Aru)

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Shangri-La Tanjung Aru (spefically in the Kinabalu Wing) recently? My husband and I are staying in a Kinabalu deluxe room 3rd week in June and would like to know whether we should stay in the Tanjung wing instead. I%26#39;ve been told by the hotel the building works are due to finish on 30 June (bit late for us). It%26#39;s hard to get a definite indication from the hotel as to how disruptive the works are but would like to know if it%26#39;s worth changing wings now before we go. Answers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Building Works at Kinabalu Wing (Shangri-La Tanjung Aru)

General reply from the hotel is that it would cause minimal disruption. However, there is definitely noise during the day that can be heard. I do not think it is enough to ruin a holiday by any means, but noise is noise. At this late stage of renovation the majority of the major work is finished and is therefore more limited in its volume levels. It is a great wing to stay in and the sunset views from the sea facing rooms are fantastic and not to be missed. Longer walk to the pool area and lobby area but some people prefer this.

The Tanjung Wing is also a fantastic place to stay and is nearer the pool and lobby area walking wise, so is down to personal choice I guess. If you chose this wing, then I would not suggest a room overlooking the pool area as this can be noisy during the day.

Either way, I do not think that there is enough disruption to ruin a stay by any means. I also stayed at the hotel during the Tanjung Wing renovations and did not experience any major problems then either. I guess it is down to personal choice and you have to be happy with this choice, as worrying about it before hand is not a good way to prepare for your holiday. Personally I would choose the Tanjung Wing as I prefer the style and location of the rooms and walking past the garden area in the middle of the wings every day is a great place to relax. I have stayed in both wings and this is only a personal choice and not a reflection on the Kinabalu Wing in any way as I also loved that wing.

I hope you enjoy your stay, it is a fantastic place to visit!

Building Works at Kinabalu Wing (Shangri-La Tanjung Aru)

We were upgraded to a suite in December and scored a room RIGHT NEXT TO THE RENOVATIONS. I mean the last room in the hall.

Anyway - all we heard was the occasional bang of a hammer and nail gun and some powertools. HOWEVER, these didn%26#39;t start until after 0930 and stopped at about 4-430. We wereout all days so it never bothered us....

If you intend to stay in your room all day, then yes, you will hear some noise - like mentioned above - nothing to cause ringing in your ears or stop a nap in the fternoon.

When you arrive you will probably be offered an upgrade anyway so it may never be a problem for you. If, for whatever reason you score a room and are not happy with the noise, speak to mamnagement and they will bend over backwards to help out (different room)

Don%26#39;t let it concern you.


Hi

We stayed in the Kinabalu wing on Wednesday night 30th May and yes there is working going on It starts at 10 and finishs around 5 each day. I is noisy diamond saws going and banging etc but we did not find it TOO bad . I would suggest that you request a room at the far end as they are working on the block in the middle.

I suggest you take the up-grade to the Horizon club well worth it.


Just returned from a stay in the Kinabalu wing-- our room was half way down the hall, and we never noticed the noise. I thought they did a great job to ';minimize disruptions';.

  • consumables
  • hidden myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment