Sunday, March 25, 2012

berjaya or sheraton??

i will travel for my honeymoon to malaysia soon and i want to know which hotel should i choose in langkawi. i read about berjaya hotel and sheraton hotel. can anybody advice me which between these two hotels should i choose? which one is better and why? thanks.



berjaya or sheraton??


Hi





I would be more than happy to tell you about the Berjaya as I have stayed there many times. Cannot comment on the Sheraton.





It is very difficult to make comparisons between hotels and to say which one is better. People will always have their favourites. I absolutely love Berjaya - other people do not. It%26#39;s all a matter of opinion.





It would be helpful to know what you want from your holiday. Do you want beach/sight seeing/ eating etc, etc. Please let us know and we will try to help.





Lesley



berjaya or sheraton??


tks Lesley for your reply,





yes of course i want beach, sight seeing, eating, beautiful nature and good service in the hotel.



when i read about the berjaya i found it very attractive specially the chalet on water! but some persons said that the rooms are in a very poor conditions and that the insects are everywhere in the room, is that true? the view and the nature are absolutly wonderful in this hotel and i want someone to encourage me to decide.



if you can tell me about your stay there, your opinion, the service in the hotel, the breakfast...





thanks for your help




Hi Habhoub





All the requirements you are wishing for you will find at the Berjaya. The over water chalets are beautiful and I am sure they will meet your expectations.





However, as the chalets on land are set in the rain forest you are likely to see far more wildlife from your balcony. As mentioned, as the hotel is set in a rain forest unfortunately there are bound to be insects because this is where they live!! I certainly would not stay somewhere which was ';over run with insects'; and certainly not return year after year!





I have always found ALL members of staff at the hotel to be amongst some of the friendliest, nicest people I have ever met. It is now a bit difficult for me to comment on the service as, because I have stayed there lots of times I have become friendly with many of the staff so I either get very, very prompt service or, if they have some guests to serve who are ';difficult'; they get a quicker service than I do!!





If you want any more information please do let me know.





Lesley






Hi Lesley





tks too much for your help. i have also some questions please:





what about the breakfast buffet? is it generous? tasty? and the rooms are they in good conditions?





i want to ask you also about the tours organized in Langkawi:



which tours do you advice us to take? are they expensive?





sorry if i asked so much questions and tks for your patience.





Habhoub




Hi





I do not usually have the buffet breakfast but opt for the a la carte. However, the buffet does look very nice with lots of choice - rice, noodles, fruit, yoghurts, eggs cooked to your own liking, toast, breads, beans, chicken sausage etc, etc.





Why don%26#39;t you have a look on the Berjaya website - it shows pictures of the interiors of the different chalets so you will be able to see for yourself what they are like.





Best trip on Langkawi is to go on the cable car. This is at the Oriental Villiage which is about 10 minutes walk from the Berjaya so you can just go in your own time, no need to book it or anything. A trip around the mangroves is another excellent choice - you can book this through the hotel - sorry cannot remember how much it cost.





Hope this helps. Let me know if you want to know anything else.





Lesley




Hi,



twice a week there is an evening walk around the hotel organised by Dev. This is a wellknown nature guide and the walk is lovely. What I also can recommend is the kayak trip he offers in the mangrove.



This trip is RM 220 incl lunch and insurance.



Have a nice stay in Langkawi




tks for you all



your replies help me a lot.





Habhoub

No comments:

Post a Comment