Thursday, March 29, 2012

Marine park

Hi,





If anyone has any questions on the Abdul Rahman marine park please ask.





We visited all of the islands at least once.





Best island of all is Mamutik.





I did not rate Sapi much.





Regards,





Rick



Marine park


Interesting as the books all say Sapi is the prettiest - we thought it lovely but intend to visit others this year. What makes Mamutik the best? We have two boys 10 + 11, who love to snorkel , where will we see the most spectacular fish? Which of the islands has the most idyllic beach - not busy!



Look forward to hearing from you.



Marine park


We only visited Mamutik because we%26#39;d heard that the best snorkelling was there. That may be what rick means?





I can vouch for the range of fish I saw. The coral near the beaches is unfortunately trampled, but if you swim out a little further to the drop off you see a greater variety of coral and fish. I was in for an entire hour the first time and hadn%26#39;t even noticed the time pass!




hi, pls advise if I should attend a package tour or just go to the harbour to take the boat to Mamutik, then pay for the snorkeling/diving there. I plan to go there tomorrow afternoon. about 2:00pm, is the time enough?



i live in the pacific sutera harbour resort.




Hey katezeng - I was advised to go snorkelling in the morning as a wind seems to whip up in the afternoon.





This is true because the wind did come up and my snorkel after lunch wasn%26#39;t as good - the water wasn%26#39;t as clear - as the ones I%26#39;d done before lunch.





We left the marina (we also stayed at Pacific Sutera) at about 9am and because my husband went diving while I snorkelled on the island - we got back at about 3:30pm. A long day but I never had time to get bored.





You probably wouldn%26#39;t stay on the island that long for just snorkelling.





Lunch was included in this deal and cost RM65 - otherwise it%26#39;s ony RM40. I had my own snorkelling gear - so not sure how much extra.




hi Ivory,



where did you get that cheap deal? i only found RM140 at the Pacific lobby.




I went direct to Borneo Divers - they have one of those little kiosks on that walkway between the Pacific and the Magellan. They also provide towels on the day you go out to the islands.





There%26#39;s also the big SeaQuest place on the marina (sort of behind the pool area of Pacific).





I found that the pacific charged ALOT of money for EVERYTHING! Especially the concierge called Henry - don%26#39;t use him if you can help it!




hi ivory,thanks! yes I saw some small house on the way btwn Pacific %26amp; Megallen. so which island do you suggest? we had a five year old boy and he cannot swim well, I%26#39;m also not good at swimming. and what do we have to rent?




Not sure if this is too late Kate - but you need to rent snorkelling gear if you want it. I saw people who couldn%26#39;t swim wearing life jackets to help keep them afloat and then looking under the water with their snorkels. This was all at Mamutik.





Lots of fish to see even near the shore.




Hi there travellers!





We are going to KK in two weeks time and CANNOT wait! We have a 5 yr old son. He can swim reasonably well, so are hoping to take him snorkelling for the first time!





we plan to do this on more than one occasion whilst in KK. Mamutik sounds like the best one for snorkelling, but are any of the others worth a visit?





Thank you kindly.

No comments:

Post a Comment