Thursday, April 19, 2012

Liklihood of delay at KLIA: KL-SIN via JAL

Hi all,





I was wondering what the liklihood of delays at KLIA would be?





I%26#39;ll be in KL in July and need to go to Singapore to catch a flight to Tokyo.





I have purchased a ticket via Expedia to fly from KL-SIN. Flight is at 20:25 and they have said I will arrive in SIN at 21:30.





My flight in Singapore is at 23:40.





What are the chances that my JAL flight will be delayed as I dont want to miss my flight to Tokyo.





Thanks in advanced!



Liklihood of delay at KLIA: KL-SIN via JAL


You should have asked is it likely to rain whilst you are in KL... probably slightly easier to answer.. or not as the case may be!!





Crikey!! Well, you have definatley got enough time for the connection, it will depend on flight delays.





Airlines don%26#39;t want delays either as they get charged mega bucks for keeping the aircraft on the ground..





If you are travelling on the SAME carrier and you miss the connection, it is the airlines responsibility to provide you with accommodation (if necessary) and a new flight. If they are 2 DIFFERENT carriers, then, well, you%26#39;re on your own and will hav to change it at the desk yourself.





I don%26#39;t think you have much to worry about....





J



Liklihood of delay at KLIA: KL-SIN via JAL


Thanks for your help Jamester.





The flights are not with the same carrier:



KL-SIN is with JAL whilst SIN-NRT is with Singapore Air.





The only reason why I asked is because I was reading some other posts about delays with Malaysia Air and I got a bit concerned...




aahhh I see.. Well I think you%26#39;ll be fine.. You%26#39;re not travelling with MAS so fingers crossed you%26#39;ll be up, up and away on time!!





:)




Hi,





I have had never problems with KLIA, JAL or SIA, but your schedule of 70 minutes is pretty tight, cause you can%26#39;t check your bags all the way in. KLIA is pretty tight about this new LAG (Liquid, Aerosols and Gels) regulation, so becareful.





Really, really Bad News : In Singapore, JAL arrives at terminal 1, SIA departs from terminal 2. I personally, dislike T1, the crowd is huge, bags come through slower, its older and harder to find your way. You have to jump out, wait for the bags, look for the SKYtrain connecting to Terminal 2, get to T2, check in all over, all in 70 mins. Pretty tight schedule. You can%26#39;t shift the flight cause JAL only flies that route once, you can however:





1. Not check in any luggage, carry a backpack, and wear your best trainers and keep your fingers crossed.



2. Tell the check-in counter in KLIA that you have a very short connecting time and you really need a good font row sit in order to be the first to run out when the doors open, or upgrade to Business and nd keep your fingers crossed.



3. Cancel your ticket and get one from SIA (you can check all your luggage till Tokyo.





Here is the site which informs you about the transfer from T1 to T2. (and I should be writing all these on the SG forum!)





changiairport.com/changi/en/airport_guide/ge鈥?/a>





Good luck




Thanks for your advice Global_Traveller2000.





I did some research and I might actually take advantage of Singapore Airlines%26#39; Internet Check-In service for my flight Changi. This way I%26#39;ll at least save some time as I won%26#39;t have to wait in the general line to check my luggage in and I%26#39;ll also have a wider variety in choice of seats.





I%26#39;ll also try to get to KLIA as early as possible and do an %26#39;Advance Check-in%26#39; so I can get the seats at the front of the plane as you suggested.





Also on KLIA%26#39;s site they have a %26#39;One Shot Check-In%26#39;





';You need to check in only once to your final destination even if your journey involves transfers at multiple airports. Your check-in luggage will be transferred automatically. To enjoy this facility, your onward connecting flights must be confirmed and should be on the same calendar day, will be minimum of two hours connecting time.';





Does this work if I use different carriers? I didn%26#39;t think it would but it doesn%26#39;t specify that it MUST be the same carrier. If they do then I won%26#39;t have to worry about all of this!





I cant take up your suggestion of not having any checked in luggage...I plan to do a lot of shopping whilst I%26#39;m overseas and hence need as much storage as possible!





Thanks once again!





I think I might have to post a new topic to see what everyone%26#39;s experience is with Internet Check-In.




No problem there, glad to help. I have this feeling that the KLIA One-Shot Check in is only for Malaysia Airlines, the same thing is stated on their website. Best to call JAL or KLIA to confirm. I used to do telephone check-in with SIA but that has been abolished. If you check-in per Internet, you will have to print the pre-boarding pass, and then produce it at the counter for the real boarding pass endorsement and Baggage Drop Off.





Here is what I found on singaporeair.com/saa/鈥nternet.jsp



';Internet Check-In/Self-Printed Boarding Passes



For passengers who have successfully performed Internet Check-In and printed their boarding passes online, please proceed to Row 5 (First and Business Class) or Row 9 (Economy Class) with your boarding passes and travel documents for boarding pass endorsement and Baggage Drop Off.





Passengers who have performed Internet Check-In and have not printed their boarding passes online, please proceed to the regular check in counters to collect your boarding passes. You may also choose to print your boarding passes from the Auto Check-In Machines.';





It all comes down to actually how fast you can managed to get in and the gates close 10min before departure time. Either way, you still have to go to the counter with your travel documents and check-in your bags. Hope someone else has another suggestion on this matter.




GT,





At Changi, I%26#39;ll print the %26#39;Self-printed Boarding Pass%26#39; and hopefully the queue to check in my luggage is not as long as the general line given that there are designated counters for the %26#39;Self-printed Boarding Pass%26#39;.





From:



singaporeair.com/saa/鈥nternet.jsp





What are the benefits of having a Self-Printed Boarding Pass?





You will not have to queue to check-in and collect your boarding passes. There will be designated counters you can go to endorse your boarding pass and check-in your bags.





What must I do when I arrive at the airport?





Due to security requirements, we require that passengers proceed to designated counters for Boarding Pass endorsement and Baggage Check-in (for passengers with check-in Baggage)





At KLIA, I%26#39;ll ask to see if the %26#39;One-Shot Check-In%26#39; is available other wise I%26#39;ll just do an %26#39;Advanced Check-In%26#39;.





Also you said gates close 10 minutes prior to departure time. But reagardless I stil have to be at the counters 45 minutes prior to departure, is this correct?





Thanks again :)




Why don%26#39;t you take SIA for KL-SIN instead of JAL, then you will be on the same carrier througout.




maic,





I%26#39;m not on the same carrier because my Singapore Airlines ticket was purchased months ago.





I only just recently found out that I couldnt leave KL-SIN until quite late in the day and hence had to buy the JAL ticket.





Other carriers have tickets earlier in the day but due to my time constraints I might be able to make it.




^^ Other carriers have tickets earlier in the day but due to my time constraints I might NOT be able to make it.





forgot the ';not';


  • makeup companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment