Thursday, April 19, 2012

firefly tours

I will be in Malaysia in a few weeks and one highlight is the firefly tour. Is Kampung Kuantan recommended over the Firefly park resort? any recommended tour company for this and for Melaka?

Thanks!

firefly tours

I prefer the Kampung Kuantan one. Its done using a row boat with a maximum of 4 persons in one boat, plus a boatman.

You are given lifejackets to wear, and the ticket also provides a bit of insurance coverage, and I think this is a nice touch (believe me, these things are often ignored here in Malaysia).

firefly tours

Afternoon!!

You can contact Tour East on 03 21441100 they can arrange this for you, usually by car or small van. Cost is RM200 per person and includes a tour to Bukit Malawati where there used to be a fort as it offers commanding views out over the Malacca Straits. Lots of playful monkeys around the hill area. They then take you for a local seafood lunch in one of the riverside restaurants before heading to see the fireflies. Not sure which park they go to.. I have been to both and both were enjoyable. The rowboats are quite pleasant however I prefer the mangroves on the motor boats (electric motors!!).

It%26#39;s more than if you were to take a taxi (if you can find one that will go that far) but it%26#39;s just nice to have everything all arranged for you.

J


How many are you? if just 1 or 2 person then the RM200 tour may be the way to go.

However, its a lot of money if you are a party of 3 or 4, then in that case it might be better to book a driver for the day.


there are two of us. I want to make sure I go to the Kampung Kuantan. I contacted Tour East but they did not reply which park. I also heard that the 15th is a good evening...new moon?

Thanks everyone!

  • asp hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment