Friday, April 13, 2012

Which would you recommend for best pool

Ok so we are having 3 mths in Europe and stopping in KL on the way back to Oz for 3 days or R %26amp;R, I am after a hotel with excellent poolside services, I have been to KL a few times and seen the sites , already have found the BEST seafood restaurant, which located in Selayang , North Ocean Seafood right next to Jin Chawn a seafood import place, you select you live seafood and it is priced and it goes next door to be cook - the best Boston Lobster in Ginger and shallots I have EVER had, Most taxis will take you there , wait and take you make for about 70 -80 Rm. If you have never been try it it is normally only locals only - on the 5 times I ave been we have beent he only non chinese-malay in the place - and the staff doens%26#39;t speak english normall yone of the chefs comes out and he can speak englilsh





Now I noramlly stay in the Park Royal but it has a very average ppol area , although I beleive the best location in KL, across from the Sungai Wang plaza and Time Square, What I want is a hotle with an excellent pool area to relax order cocktails and relax for 3 days befreo heading back to AUS - price is not really an issue after spending Euros for 3 mths for rooms ,Malayasia is going to offer exceptional value for money





Your thoughts where is best





Thanks



Which would you recommend for best pool


How did you discover Selayang? Not many locals know that also, that%26#39;s as fresh as you can get for Seafood but it%26#39;s always cooked in Chinese style... which is great...actually you can ask for Lobster cooked with cheese as well...





As for the pool , I would recommend the Renaissance Hotel , at the Junction of Jln Ampang/Sultan Ismail.



Which would you recommend for best pool


I actually found out about it by a taxi driver, I was set on wanting a seafood experience, my taxi driver said to me he knew a place about 30min drive from KL but said he went there once and it was the best meal out he has had, nor would there be any tourists, Fine by me - So not knowing where we were going he headed out of town and soon enough we were out front of this shop with dozens of live seafood tanks - True to his word we were the only tourists there, my eyes popped out of my eat- imported South African Abolone, Aussie Cray fish, Maine Lobsters live king prawns and geo duck ...oh and the biggest oysters I have ever seen.





So we selected our seafood and went next door, the cab driver asked if we wanted him to wait , his fee was very cheap and I think the restuarant gave him a meal for bringing us to the place, we were not concerned.





The place was packed and I mean packed and dish after dish kept coming to the table, Bamboo clams, prawns, lobster, oysters, several large Tigers - the staff were fantastic although noone could speak english - that was fine -







It is no question the best seafood meal I have had in all of asia. and each time I return I take the business card and ask to go there and the reaciton on the taxi driver is the same - How did you find this place they always ask - each time I go there ( only been 5 times ) they remember me and wave and I an rest assured knowing that those I bring are in for a real treat of the taste buds





So my friend that is how I know about that place




Hi pennywise, how much did you spend there?




Hi, glad you found the seafood restaurant in Selayang.





Another one is in Kampung Sungai Ara-pantai Seafood.





Anyway, back to hotels with best poolside service- I wil go for KL Hilton, and the only pool in KL that closes at 2300hrs-it is infact next to its Broadwalk cafe.





It is also convenient, if taking the KLIA Express from KLIA airport, straight into KL Sentral, then directly linked to its hotel lobby.




RioJ



I can%26#39;t remember exactly but it was about 600 RM for the seafood and I think about 150 RM to have them cook it - As said I can%26#39;t remember exactly but compared to prices in Australia it was cheap




600?! and 150 to cook! Would have been enough for my family of 12 persons, for a 8 course meal at a high-end chinese restaurant, with seafood. I hope they gave you a receipt, in case you wanna complain. Did you ask for the prices and see them weigh the stuff before they cooked it? well, I guess its pretty cheap if you convert it to AUD.





Anyways, the Hilton has a very large freeform swimming pool, and you can swim will night if you want. If you just like to relax fro 3 days there, would be ok. Some people find the Hilton a bit too far from the city centre, away from all the shopping. But the food there is good and cheap (Chynna has seafood dishes too, from RM 80 per plate), and you will find the Zeta Bar a great place to hangout.




First, the Selayang Seafood Resturant and its prices. It actually comprises of two businesses. A live seafood wholesaler, and a resturant. You buy the seafood from the wholesaler, and ask the resturant to cook it for you. They have all sorts of LIVE imported exotic seafood. Because its exotic, because its imported, and because its live swimming about in a tank, it has to cost premium prices. How much you spend depends on what you pick out of the tank, but at wholesale prices its still cheaper than eating the same lobster/fish/prawn at a Chinese resturant. You can eat cheap at the Selayang seafood place. Just order fried rice, bamboo clams, vegetables, a low cost fish...etc. You can pay a king%26#39;s ramson if you order Alaskan Crab, Geoduck, Abalone...etc, get the idea?





Next, about the best pool in terms of location, service, and relxation.



These are my choices





#1 Mandarin Oriental. Infinity pool on the 5th Floor? of the hotel. Very good service, great location for hotel, decent spa and decent gym. Because of the location and generally good reviews of the hotel and pool, it will be my first recommendation.





#2 KL Hilton. Long pool shaped like a river the meanders through 2 hotels (from KL Hilton to Le Meridian). Has a water slide and hot Jacuzzi. Good Service and opens late into the night. The Broadwalk cafe is a good place to lounge around and is extremely romantic at night. The clark hatch spa and gym is rather decent too. The rooms of the hotel are new and well equiped (Plasma TV). The hotel also has many excellent resturants and the very cool and famous Zeta Bar (Hotel Costes performed there 2 weeks ago). You can practically spend 2 days at the hotel without going out.





Hope this helpsh




I still think it%26#39;s a fair price to pay... with Lobsters and such... and they%26#39;re all imported. A top Chinese restaurant would not have given such expensive seafood for such low price anyway.





There%26#39;s another branch in PJ (forgot what section) Unique Seafood which is affliated to the one at Kampung Kayu Ara.





I%26#39;m wondering if they have the emperor crab and how much they%26#39;re selling it compared to other places...




Thanks all I have emailed a couple of the hotels cheers for the recommendations,





As far as the price goes - it didn%26#39;t really matter, it was has been consistantly the best meal I have had in KL for quality and freshness and whilst I also like a particular shop just off petaling ( sp) street down an side street for its fish head curry - North Ocean Seafood is FANTASTIC -




Hi.





I%26#39;d definately go to the Mandarin Oriental near KLCC. Pool excellent. Beautiful, excellent pool. Staff and facilities great. Superb location.

No comments:

Post a Comment