Friday, April 13, 2012

Nexus or Rasa Ria

Our 40th anniversary next March and want a special holiday. Borneo seems to fit the bill, and these two hotels look good.



So which to chose? Any comments please.



Nexus or Rasa Ria


Have a look at my report on my recent stay at Rasa Ria, my 4th time, at tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298307-d306…



I will no comment on Nexus as I have not stayed there.



Nexus or Rasa Ria


Hi Jankei





Rasa Ria %26amp; Nexus are similar in many ways - resort hotel, about 40 minutes out of KK, golf course, long stretch of sandy beach.





If I had to recommend either one for a special holiday, I would say Rasa Ria, you%26#39;d probably find a more quality experience all round than you would at the Nexus. F%26amp;B to landscaping, the Rasa Ria has more experience in managing all.





I%26#39;ve visited both properties and the Rasa Ria leave an impression of tranquility whilst the Nexus I remember as more hustle and bustle. I%26#39;m sure both have their plusses and minusses, but if I was a travel agent, between the two I%26#39;d recommend Rasa Ria.




Rasa Ria is more isolated and management tend to use this and put enormous premiums on F%26amp;B. They have an Orangutan sanctuary there but it costs even for guests. I have visited there but not actually stayed. I have stayed at the Nexus (4 times) in a Borneo Room and in the Ocean Wing, both are very comfortable and well appointed. The beach at the Nexus is IMO much nicer but I agree the resort itself may be a little busier if you hang around the pool - the southern end of the resort is much quieter. Nexus is my personal favourite.






We stayed at the Rasa Ria for 14 nights and visisted the Nexus for one day. Out of the 2 we prefered the Rasa Ria.





THe RR has a HUGE beach where as there is no beach to speak off at the nexus.





I think the Nexus may be a large r hotel but the pool area there isn%26#39;t quite as nice as the RR





Good things about the Nexus



You could catch a boat from the hotel grounds to go snorkelling



The shop was slightly better



Seemed to have more outside games, ie chess





Good things about the RR



The food



The service



The rooms were big



All the activities that you can do (It was my first time horse riding, went down the beach at sunset)



Of course the orangutans





Happy holidays.





Rah.




I have also stayed at both Resorts and it is really a question of personal preference as they are both very comparable.



For me, having stayed in many Shangri-La properties and experiencing a consistantly great personal service from the staff it has to be the Rasa Ria.



The only other plus that I can think of at the Nexus is that it has a poolside bar (with seating in the water) serving drinks and snacks which means that you do not even have to leave the water for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment