Monday, April 16, 2012

Malaysia Airlines any good?

Hi





I%26#39;m planning to go to Australia for Xmas, stopping off at Kuala Lumpur for a few days on the way back to the UK. The cheapest flights I can find are with Malaysia Airlines, but I have heard that this airline is awful. Please give me honest opinions about this airline, their flights seem much cheaper than others so I%26#39;m paranoid!





Thanks



Julia



Malaysia Airlines any good?


My dear, it one of the handful of 5 star airlines. BA doesn%26#39;t even come close!



Malaysia Airlines any good?


We flew with them in 2005 and it was very good.





Since then, feedback on this forum seems to indicate that it has gone downhill and there has been budget cuts.




Hi



They are 5*, the flight attendants make the real difference to a good or bad experiance, but I%26#39;ve never had a bad experiance with them so far. To be honest all airlines are pretty much a muchness, some good at one bit and not so in another and so on.



Not worth missing a good bargain for!!



BM




Sometimes they are good ....... sometimes they are terrible. Its the luck of the draw and more or less depends on the cabin crew you get. Don%26#39;t take to much notice of the BA comparison !





MAS have been on the recieving end of some bad reviews, some justified, some not.





They are definately not 5 star, the cattle class is just as bad as most offer. Nothing special at all, just convenient going direct from LHR.





Big story in the UK press last year, MAS landing at LHR with nothing more than fumes in the tanks. This is true, twice I have been on flights which needed to land at Schipol to refuel after flying all the way from KLIA. Ths has never happened when I have done the same route with BA. Perhaps safety is not the priority !





Should add .....with the refuel time and new landing slot it added another three hrs to the journey time on both occasions !




If the price is good then take it, there are worse airlines to fly with.




One thing I will say in thier favour ...... I have never had any hassle with them over baggage limits, even when I have taken almost double my limit.






I have a sneaky suspicion that this post will have many, many responses like the other one about lazy MAS flight attendant, which has over 120. Folks love to take out the poor airline on internet discussions. Some swear AT it, some swear BY it. I fly Taiwan-based carrier China Airlines on Pacific routes between Asia and US. It has the lowest fares for that market. I%26#39;ve flown on MAS too. Not the best and I don%26#39;t care the least. I go for convenience. Most carriers are pretty much the same. I just want to get to my destination and sleep. MAS has a pretty good safety record despite having fuel problems in the past for its London route.




Frankly, I would hesitate to fly China Airlines, maybe it%26#39;s their worst safety record has got something to do with it. I would do a detour on other airlines if possible , just to avoid CA.





On the MAS being 5 star, it%26#39;s given by ironically a UK based organization called Skytrax. Presumably most voters are from UK?





I do agree with Albertcats that sometimes I do wonder what did they do to get a 5 stars. Probably due to the fact that other airlines have worse service. I certainly don%26#39;t feel ';5 star'; about it. I fly MAS based on their safety records.




I agree with all the above comments. We used them recently and they were fine.





The real point is you need to decide where you want your stopover. If you want to stop in KL then MAS are the only ones who fly direct there. If the price is OK there i sreally no point is using a different airline and having to change planes somewhere.




Purple Power,





This is the thread that DJKX is refering to ......





Rude_and_lazy_cabin_crew_on_Malaysia_Airlines-Kuala_Lumpur





Type rude and lazy into the search box, it won%26#39;t let me post a link.





Might be worth a read, it more or less sums up MAS.





Nothing against them personally, if I was flying to KL from London I%26#39;d opt for them or BA. Qantas used to do it dierct to, might still do, but they are no better either. Heard that Emirates are excellent, but you%26#39;ll need to change flights, thats the problem.



No comments:

Post a Comment