Friday, April 13, 2012

Malaria

HI - I%26#39;m staying at the Rasa Ria in early September. I%26#39;m getting confusing info on wheter I need malaria tabs or not - what has everyone else done about this - any feedback would be welcome.



Malaria


I had the needle the missus took the tablets. The tabs seemed to be an inconvenience whereas the needle was done and dusted and forgotton about.





I didn%26#39;t feel the need for any malaria treatment as I didn%26#39;t encounter any nasties. We went climbing on the Mountain and did walkies through the wildlife sanctury, dirt bike riding at the RR and treked through the city alleys etc...





HOWEVER, speak to your Dr about what you should/should not take. For peace of mind and the small cost, you may as well just get the traetment.





Tabs or needle is up to you, speak to your Dr about what suits you.





Enjoy



Malaria


THis topic has been discussed in depth on this forum.



Type Malaria in the search box on the top right and you will see all the discussion.




I have just been travelling accross the breadth of Sabah and did not use any Malarial tablets.



My travels covered such areas as KK, Kinabalu Park and Peak, poring, Ranau, Mile 33, Gomantong, Kinabatangan River, Telupid, Lahud Datu and remote Tabin Conservation area.



I was in the jungles in out of the way places and never had any concerns. Just use long sleeves and if you prefer and a repellant.



I only ever had shorts and T-shirt and never had a problem.



No recent reports of any new cases of malaria have been reported in Sabah



Cheers



Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment